The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited – hereby invite postgraduate university students to apply for the 2016/2017 Postgraduate Internship / Research Programmes at Shell Nigeria.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy. As one of the world’s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
- The Postgraduate Internship/Research programme (which is different from the Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) is aimed at providing opportunities for talented Nigerians to gain work experience and carry out topical research within Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria.
Areas of Study
- Environment (Environmental Monitoring, Remediation, and Impact assessment, Carbon / Energy Management).
- Open primarily to talented Nigerian postgraduate students currently enrolled in Nigerian universities, but in exceptional cases, Nigerians studying abroad could be considered.
- Master’s degree students must be under 30 years by January 2nd, 2017 and PhD students should be under 35 years by January 2nd, 2017 to qualify.
- Applications from persons who have previously participated in the programme will not be considered.
Duration for Internship:12 months (non-renewable).
Method of Application
Applications from candidates should consist of:
- An application letter
- A curriculum vitae including applicant’s contact phone number, email address, as well as contact information of three referees, and
- A titled, 3-page summary of candidate’s postgraduate research programme including study background, technical objectives, /methodology/data required, and expected outcome /Selection will be based on postgraduate programmes/ proposals that are pertinent to Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria business objectives and only students with the highest potential will pass screening.
11th May, 2016
Important Notice: Shell will never demand a fee to process or consider your application. Anyone who makes such a demand is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to decline such approaches
Latest posts by Ansa John (see all)
- Top 14 Industrial Training Jobs Finding Tactics (That Work) - March 11, 2018
- The Definitive Guide To Look For Internships Abroad - January 30, 2018
- Advice on how to land your next internship - January 23, 2018