Wondering How To Pass Exams Without Studying Hard? Read this!
The current alarming rate of failure in major examinations shows that most students do not understand the techniques for passing examination and dealing with examination questions. Examination questions are of different styles, types and formats. This knowledge is very important for students to be able to prepare adequately for examinations and do very well. In other words, come out with flying colours.
This is why students need to possess the (How) study tips, strategies or techniques, that is the special abilities, traits and study skills to tackle different examination questions.
[tweetthis display_mode=”box”]Wondering How To Pass Exams Without Studying Hard? Read this Post![/tweetthis]
Different forms of (Examination) question type
Examiners have specific objectives for setting the different examination questions.
- multiple choice type of examination questions
This requires a broad knowledge and understanding of the subject for which the students is to be tested. It contains four to five alternatives, usually one alternative is correct. Always go through the entire list of alternatives before picking any as your answer.
- Fill in the gap or completion examination question
You are required to provide a word or phrase to complete the sentence. When you have this type of questions, care must be taken to select the words, if you don’t know the exact answer, give it your best guess, as often time such responses may fetch you some marks.
- Practical Examination Questions.
This requires that students identify a particular specimen, annotated parts of the specimen, list the characteristics and functions of all or part of the specimen and so on
- Essay type examination questions.
This type of question seeks for an in dept knowledge from students about the subject matter which could require student to
- Summarize a particular topic
- evaluate a given procedure or technique
- Enumerate certain facts about something.
Knowledge is the multiple choice question patterns
The practical (especially for the science subjects) where experiments are performed which involves observation measurements, recordings, Calculation and deductions.
The theoretical aspect consist of both multiple choice and essay
The oral examination features majorly in English Language
To further help you, the following are the few examples of likely terms used in setting essay–type questions:
- Discuss: it means to examine something fully and write about it
- Describe: refers to writing on the appearance of something or give the major features, characteristics or aspect of something.
- Outline: it means to indicate the main features or essential characteristics of something. It is better to list them.
- Evaluate: it is to examine something in other to judge its value or quantity.
- Enumerate: this means to name item in a list one after the other.
- Differentiate: it means to establish the differences between two things or several things.
- Compare and contrast: this means to examine two or more things in order to establish the similarities on differences between or among them. `
Carefully study each examination question in the context of these terms and provide the right answers. Now that we have identified the different forms of examination question, let’s now learn the effective techniques on how to pass exams by studying less.
How To Pass Exams – Study Tips for Exams
Here are some dependable, and useful hints on how to pass exams by tackling questions in the examination hall
- Pray quietly before you start: “Safety is of the Lord” success comes from God alone
- Read the instructions properly before starting, pay proper attention to instruction about compulsory questions or on the total number of questions to be answered or the order of presenting your answers.
- Choose the questions you can answer best.
- Allocate time to each question properly and evenly, do not spend too much time on some questions to the disadvantage of others.
- Answer the easy questions first.
- Jot down points to develop on each question to avoid forgetfulness in exams.
- Be sure you understand the question before writing, indicate your answer exactly the way the instruction directs. Make sure your answers are clear. Note the scoring rules for the question and follow them to your advantage.
- Be composed and relaxed.
- Avoid asking question from fellow candidates or sharing writing materials in the examination hall. It is an examination malpractice.
- Read over all your answers before submitting your answer sheet
Dividend of Excellence in Examination
One major reason for writing examination is to make progress from one class level to another or to meet the necessary requirements for higher education. When you approach your examinations with these dependable and proven techniques, you will become a toast of your classmates and teachers
-You will be recommended for prizes you never envisaged, thereby writing your name in gold
-You will become winner of scholarship based on your outstanding performance.
-You will be celebrated locally, nationally and globally.
Start today, make all your examination count by planning ahead and properly tackle the questions. Your success will be guaranteed.
Latest posts by Ansa John (see all)
- Apply Now for NNPC / Total Undergraduate Scholarship: 2017 /2018 - October 11, 2017
- How to properly format the preliminary pages of a project report - October 11, 2017
- The Best Type of Internship Experience for you – The Intern Student - October 5, 2017