MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme for 2017/2018 session is now open for application. The scholarships Will also be renewed for the existing students who have maintained a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit).
The scholarship award is worth N200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira only) per student for the duration of one academic year and covers tuition, textbook allowance and stipend.
Eligibility for MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme
To be eligible to apply for MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme for 2017/2018 session, you must be:
- A Student from Public Tertiary Institutions with 3.5 CPGA or its equivalent Second Class Upper and currently in your 3rd year (300 level)
- An HND Student with a minimum of 3.0 GPA (Upper Credit) at their OND Programme
- Studying any of the following courses:
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
PLEASE NOTE: The MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme is also available for Blind Students.
Eligibility for blind students:
- Students of a public tertiary institutions, who are dependent on Braille
- 2nd or 3rd year full-time undergraduates in public universities and colleges of education studying other disciplines beside Law with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.5.
- 3rd year full time Law under-graduates in public University with CGPA of 2.5.
- Full time Polytechnic under-graduates in ND 2, HND 2, with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.0 and with one of the following:
- ND 1 result (for applicants currently in ND 2)
- HND 1 result (for applicants currently in HND 2)
- Admission letter into HND 1 with ND 2 result (for applicants currently in HND 1)
MTN Nigeria Foundation Scholarship Scheme for Blind Students (6th Phase) Will also be renewed for the existing students who have maintained a minimum of 2.5 for universities and colleges of education and 2.0 for polytechnic students.
Are you eligible for this scholarship program? CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Candidates are required to upload a copy of their recent passport photograph (maximum file size of 600kb)
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and MTNF bears sole responsibility for final selection of successful beneficiaries.
Application Deadline 9th October, 2017.
Good Luck guys!!
Latest posts by Ansa John (see all)
- Speed Reading Techniques: How to read faster and comprehend better (In 60 Minutes or Less) - January 17, 2018
- Applying for an Indian visa for internships? – Read this first - January 10, 2018
- Back to school: 3 tips to Begin the New Semester - January 6, 2018