Why do some students feel concern when faced with a timed test? Not prepared? Fear? Or just clock anxiety?
When your lecturer says: “You have one hour to complete this test!” Does that statement cause you stress?
You can learn to cope with test anxiety for school and for all the other test you will encounter in your life. Follow the seven study tips shown below.
Exams Study Tips
First, make sure you prepare. Study should begin weeks before the exam, rather than the night before the exam.
Three – review the lessons and learning from you previous sessions. Do this every day. Go over your notes. (You DO take notes in class, don’t you?) Reviewing them reinforces learning and reduces stress and test anxiety. (see: How to Deal With Anxiety and Forgetfulness in Exams)
Four – anticipate what will be on the test. Listen to the teacher. Ask questions. Write down the answers. Find out what the teacher considers to be important. (Hint – See point #4 of this post to know the repeated stuff from day to day that will probably be on the test.)
Five – drill yourself with practice questions and answers. Make lists or flash cards with questions and answers. Have someone ask you the questions and have them check your answers. Repetition is a key to learning.
- Superb Tips to Help You Pass Your Examinations with All round A’s
- Advice for Students Preparing for Exams
- Tips On How To Study For Exams – Time Management Techniques
Six – study with other people. Learn what they know and help them learn what you know.
Finally – relax when you take the test. Make sure you don’t engage in pre-test stress events. The day before the test, eat well and hydrate. I know you might be tempted to study all night, but Hey, it’s only a test. Get some sleep!
- How to Pass Exams Without Studying Hard
- How to sort your lecturers for extra marks in exams: 7 Secret Techniques
Latest posts by Ansa John (see all)
- 50 Powerful Ways to Finding The Right Internship To Boost Your Career - September 8, 2018
- CPIM Exam ? Top 10 Tips to Pass All 5 CPIM Exams the First Time - March 16, 2018
- Top 7 Study Tips To Help You Prepare Effectively For Exams - December 26, 2017