Whether the exams is to be of the essay type or of the objective type, there are certain common practices employed by good students which may be helpful to you. These practices include but are not limited to:
- Make a schedule for review. Take into consideration when various examinations are to take place and how much time you think you should allocate for each subject.
- List the main topics treated in each subject and make sure you adequately cover not less than eighty percent of the topics in every subject.
- Go back over all course materials and select facts and details, such as laws, principles, theories, ideas, formulas, illustrations, definitions, events, etc., to be learned and highlight them.
As you are doing the above, try to anticipate questions that may be asked by the examiner.
- Use your notes to get answers to such questions and outline them very well. These would be very good study materials before and revision materials during the examination period.
- Join a group study of serious-minded students who are capable or more capable than you are and form yourself into a study group.
- Go back over the assignments and tests that have been turned to you during the semester. Be sure that you can answer all of the questions perfectly.
All of the above should be done without being anxious so that all your efforts will not be destroyed by unnecessary anxieties and worries.
If you find yourself dwelling upon fears associated with the examinations, redirect your thoughts to what you can do to prepare yourself to improve your performance. Worrying is usually a negative substitute for action; hence, when you worry you are not studying.
Latest posts by Ansa John (see all)
- What to do if you are yet to secure an internship - June 21, 2017
- 2017/2018 Nigerian Agip Exploration Limited Post Graduate Scholarship Award Scheme - June 21, 2017
- How to Rock Your Next Internship Program – 10 Smart Ways - April 1, 2017